The first thing that comes to mind when I think of February is “gosh it’s cold.” Then most importantly, my hubby’s birthday is in there too. For everyone else, Valentine’s Day is often on our minds. It’s the day we either love or hate. I personally think it’s nice to have an excuse to spend extra quality time with my man. Pre-marriage when we were still dating, we made sure we showered each other with gifts and fabulous dinners. That’s what you do right? You want to impress.
Now, we have have been together forever it seems, (in a good way) and have decided going overboard isn’t necessary. We haven’t changed things that much since having our daughter. Sometimes we get a babysitter, (one of the Grandma’s) and head out to a cute restaurant for dinner.
The past couple of years we have decided that staying at home and celebrating can be just as nice or better! I have compiled a list of a few things you can do to enjoy some “couple” time at home …… after the kids have gone to bed of course.
AT HOME DATE IDEAS
1. Cook together! Make your favorite recipe or a new one you have been wanting to try out. We love homemade chicken Parmesan and Caesar salad.
2. Order in your favorite food or grab take out. Make sure to call ahead to avoid long wait times!
3. Cozy up with candlelight by the fireplace and sip on champagne or wine of choice. Don’t forget to turn on some of your favorite music! Songs bring back great memories and now is the time to create some new ones.
4. Have a bubble bath and light your Natura Soy candles!
5. If the kids are still up and old enough, they can play waiter/waitress and serve you dinner! I like that idea and hopefully they think it’s fun?!!
6. Cuddle on the couch and put on a new movie you haven’t seen. Maybe a romantic one, if your man will agree to it.
7. Go through old photos of you as a couple. You are bound to have a lot of laughs and remember why you fell in love.
8. Get into your PJ’s (or lingerie, whatever you’re into) jump into bed with yummy snacks and drinks and RELAX! Don’t worry about the crumbs, deal with them later.
When I’m home, I love lighting candles and making my house smell delicious. Scents can trigger certain thoughts and feelings. I want to remember my relaxing and romantic Valentine’s Day, by burning my new Natura Soy XOXO and Be My Valentine candles. They arrived at my doorstep last week and I made sure to show you on Insta Stories. Unfortunately you cannot smell them through the phone, which is a shame.
Happy planning for your romantic Valentine’s Day!! Let me know in the comments what you have going on!
***The candles were provided for me by Natura Soylights. The thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.