Lately, I have been reading and relating to other bloggers about the struggle of trying to keep up in the blogger world. We want to do more and be more. It’s hard not compare yourself to others and wonder why you aren’t “there yet.” Talk to my hubby and he can vouch for this, I’m waaaaaay to hard on myself about everything and want to succeed at all things, which isn’t an easy task right?! One reason is I have no patience, BUT I have learned to have slightly more since having a child. You really have no choice but to learn this when you’re a Mom/parent. This new found patience I’m transferring into my new blogging life.
Six months ago, I began my blogging journey. The first couple months I felt non-existent on social media and understandably so as a newbie. Now I still have a long long way to go, but I keep on working away doing my thing. I’ve decided I can’t ever compete with anyone else but myself. I have grown organically to this point and plan on continuing that way. I want readers (that’s you) to enjoy my content, photos and thoughts and hopefully learn something along the way one outfit at a time!
The photos I’ve chosen in this post are some favorite looks that I’ve done so far!
To get to know me a bit better, I wanted to share some fun facts about myself!! I hope you can relate. Let’s get started!
- I cannot go a morning without my caffeine aka. Americano or just a coffee – whatever I’ll take it!! I drink it with one milk and 2 sugar (that’s right I eat sugar and I’m not stopping.)
- I do like a glass (or bottle lol) of wine. I mainly drink white (Pinot Grigio) but I like red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot.)
- I still love chocolate milk and I chug it.
- I will never give up pizza, fries and ice cream (boring vanilla is my favorite, oh and mint chocolate chip.) They’re all too good and I would miss them…..
- I usually order salads at restaurants (yes I’m that girl) and then eat most of my daughters fries anyways.
- Don’t roll your eyes but I’ve never had Taco Bell or Burger King.
- Pop music has always been my #1 genre – I grew up as a teen with Miss Britney Spears, Destiny’s Child, Backstreet Boys and N’Sync. I’m still a major JT, Britney and Beyonce fan now!
- Not sure when it happened but Country music is my thing now too. I have seen most of the top country singers in concert and loved every minute!
- So I’ve mentioned pop and country, but I truly enjoy many genres of music. My hubby and I are concert goers and have seen everyone from Pink Floyd, Garth Brooks, Jay-Z, The Eagles, Christina Aquilera to Elton John and that’s only a fraction of my list. I can appreciate them all.
- When a song I love is on, in my head I’m usually choreographing a dance to it.
- I prefer to wear heels instead of flats.
- I always put my right shoe on first.
- I love buying jewelry and scarves.
- I could buy shoes every day if I could.
- I love skinny jeans.
- When in doubt I wear black.
- I prefer summer clothing – dresses, shorts, tank tops and flip flops.
- I still love my UGG boots.
- I have naturally curly hair but I never wear it that way.
- I’m a natural brunette which I’m sure is no shock.
- I have dyed my hair blonde since high school.
- I love lip balm and pink lipstick.
- I don’t know how to contour.
- I always wear mascara no matter what.
- I’m Canadian.
- I used to work at a television station in Toronto until I had my daughter.
- I used to be a figure skater and dancer.
- I’m 5″4.
- I’m an only child and my daughter is too (btw we are only having one and we are happy with that!)
- I don’t mind exercising – but on my own terms.
- I carry my S’well bottle and lip balm with me everywhere.
- I got married at 22 to my high school sweetheart.
- I love the beach and anywhere with palm trees.
- I dislike winter and cold weather.
- I want to vacation in Hawaii.
- I need to travel to Europe some day.
- I’ve seen the movie Grease more times then I can count/remember.
- I’ve only had one pet in my life and it’s our Maltipoo, he’s 8yrs old.
This last picture is with my daughter and I love it so much!! My hubby takes most of our photos and we did get some great shots with him as well, but he likes to remain off of social media where possible.
Hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little bit better!! Any questions or comments leave them below!! I would love to hear from you!